Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Process

Hello everybody. Welcome to my new project blog.

So here's the idea behind this blog. I have lots of ideas for books and short stories and things like that, but I'm not very good at the follow through. At best I may pull up a word document and jot some ideas down, or write something in my thought book (Does anyone else have one?), but that's about as far as I go. This blog is a way to motivate me to write more or less regularly. The focus will be on a single story idea I have, but occasionally I might branch out and do something smaller that hits me.

What I'd like to do is have some feedback and comments on each update to the story. Edits and ideas and everything else that readers care to share. The idea is to have the readers build the story with me and help me explore the story as it develops. Along with each story update, I'll post a second time with the details of the thought process I went through in the writing and story development. My hope with that is to get feedback on how other people go into their creative endeavors and learn some things to help me become a better writer.

Along with the main story, the blog has several pages you can navigate to on the side that will be updated regularly with information about characters, plot development and other information relevant to the story. Some of the material will just be background stuff, to let people see what's happened in the past, and other stuff will develop as the story is written. I think I'll also keep a page with the updated story in it's entirety so people don't have to search through the whole blog to catch up. We'll see what else becomes necessary as this blog continues.

I plan on getting everything prepped by this weekend and jump into the actual story next week. So that pretty much wraps it up for what my plans are for this thing. I'd like to know what you think of it and if you'll help me out. Let's write a story!

No comments:

Post a Comment